11.14.2008

101 Things in 1001 Days

My creation
1 2 3 4 5 6


Ok, so I heard about this 101 Things in 1001 Days project and I thought that it would be a good idea. It gives you almost three years to knock out 101 goals. I haven't been able to finish up my list yet, but I do want to go ahead and list it here so I can show any progress that I might make on it. [completed items will be shown in bold]

Completion Date: Friday, August 12, 2011


1. Crash a wedding
2. Have my photography published (on paper)
3. Have my writing published (on paper)
4. Host a tea party
5. Climb a tree with someone beautiful
6. Have a picnic in a tree
7. Photograph a Suicide Girl
8. Have above a 3.5 GPA at Virginia Tech... it was a 3.85
9. Have my portrait painted
10. Go skinny-dipping at night in another country
11. Write a mini-memoir
12. Stay out all night dancing and go to work the next day without having gone home
13. Shower in a waterfall
14. Find a worth cause and spend time and money helping it
15. Seduce a stranger
16. Drive across America
17. Make a living doing something I love
18. Grow food and eat it
19. Create my family tree
20. Catch a jar full of fireflies
21. Leave a dollar where a kid will find it
22. Take a pole dancing fitness class
23. Figure out my religious standpoint
24. Sell a painting
25. Sell a print of my photography
26. Visit the Playboy mansion (at least see the outside)
27. Stand up for someone who won’t stand up for themselves
28. Write a love letter in nothing but song lyrics
29. Leave beer on someone’s doorstep with a note from the “Beer Fairy”
30. Have a picnic with a homeless person or just buy them lunch
31. Have a sleepover with friends… hair, makeup, movies, popcorn, hot chocolate
32. Visit a dinosaur park
33. Build a tepee
34. Camp out under the stars
35. Write a letter to someone I don’t like telling them how great they are
36. Put together a cookbook full of my favorite family recipes
37. Update my wardrobe so I don’t look like a ragamuffin on a daily basis
38. Bleach my hair and dye it orange or red, some completely unnatural color
39. Take a road trip with no specific destination
40. Eat vegan for one week
41. Get my teeth whitened
42. Go one week without soda
43. Put change in someone’s expired parking meter
44. Kiss in the rain
45. Complete Project 365
46. Fall in love with myself
47. Fall in love
48. Start my own website
49. Send a message in a bottle
50. Attend a music festival
51. Finish coming up with 100 items for this list
52. Go on vacation/road trip with a friend that I have never been on a trip with
53. Buy a house (or at least rent one… no more apartments with no yards!)
54. Travel by train
55. Get an actual address book and put people’s information in it… In case any more phones are suicidal or *gasp* to write a letter
56. Collect something
57. Learn another language (a new one altogether or re-learn French)
58. Go to Mexico
59. Go to Canada
60. Go to Europe and see as many countries as possible while there
61. Plant a beautiful garden full of colorful flowers
62. Send postcards to at least 5 friends/family from an amazing far away places that I go
63. Learn to play an instrument (new or re-learn piano)
64. Make a quilt
65. Get a bike and actually ride it
66. Karaoke
67. Get a new tattoo
68. Get a new piercing
69. Mail a secret to Post Secret
70. Catch a jellyfish in a jar... take his picture... let him go.
71. Learn to make my own cucumber rolls
72. Write a letter to no one and release it into the wind
73. Color every picture in a coloring book
74. Jump into a pile of leaves
75. Carve my name into a tree
76. Build a piece of furniture
77. Take a walk every night for one week
78. Get rid of my parking pass and start walking to work (or biking, or riding the bus)
79. Post my "Things I Love Thursday" list every Thursday for one month
80. Have a meaningful conversation on a swing set
81. Hand out Valentines to strangers on a day that isn’t Valentine’s Day
82. Dance with someone in the rain
83. Spend an entire day barefoot
84. Have my art or photography displayed in a public location (gallery or restaurant)
85. Exercise at least 7250 minutes in 2009
86. Turn a stranger into a friend in one day
87. Sort through everything I own, unclutter and donate as much to the YMCA as possible
88. Write 28 articles in one month for Associated Content
89. Climb the buffalo mountain
90. Paint something that I am proud of
91. Complete all Unusual (and fun) Date Ideas by oncealways
92. Create a book of my photography and musings
93. Get said book published
94. Paint my house
95. Make a list of 100 things I love for future inspiration for art projects
96. Write about every thing on the list of things nobody writes about but should

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list so far! I've been meaning to make my own for a while.

Kellee said...

Really great list so far. Crash a wedding made me laugh out loud :) looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.