love note by hollyanne
Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again. To see you when I wake up is a gift I didn’t think could be real. To know that you feel the same as I do is a three-fold, utopian dream. Always when we fight, I kiss you once or twice, and everything’s forgotten ‘cause everybody wants some love, shooting from the stars above.
In you I see dirty, in you I count stars, in you I feel so pretty, in you I taste god, in you I feel so hungry, in you I crash cars… We must never be apart. You’re asking me will my love grow, I don’t know. Stick around, and it may show. Trust I seek and I find in you, every day for us something new. Open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters… because maybe you’re going to be the one who saves me? You’re just like an angel; your skin makes me cry. You float like a feather in a beautiful world.
I would die for you. I’ve been dying just to feel you by my side, to know that you’re mine. And my love for you is better than diamonds. To you, everything I bestow. Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do. Amber is the color of your energy. Shades of gold displayed naturally.
Can you name all of these songs?... Gold star if you can. One day I will be madly in love and I will give this love letter to that person... Somehow it seems that by posting it on the internet they may not appreciate it as much, but I'm willing to take that risk.
This is #28 on my list of 101 things in 1001 days.
unplug by hollyanne
Sorry, I know it isn't much... Last night I was feeling creative, but was told not to make a mess and get out my art supplies so I tried to put something beautiful together on Polyvore. I love Polyvore if you haven't noticed that yet.
- How to Beat the Cubicle Blues
- How to Boost Your Self Esteem
If you have any suggestions for these, just leave me a comment or somethin somethin.
1 2 3 4
- People writing poems for me... I realized the other day that my MySpace blog had entries dating back to 2005 that were just too much information and stupid so I started doing some housekeeping. Down close to the very first entries, I found a post that I had made of a poem that my old roommate wrote about me:
call her name of blue with red
thats enough of that sir
is what she wouldve said
dont be sad girl
heart of my heart
stand by me
and youll always be
...... trey ........
- Violent Femmes - "Blister in the Sun"... haven't heard this song in so long, but like magic, last.fm knew I needed to hear it. :) Amazing.
- Gala Darling's interview "I Want To Be... A Dominatrix!"
- As of tomorrow I am on Thanksgiving break from school... granted I will still be doing work, at least I have a week that I don't have to get up and come into work early to make up the time I miss for class.
- The possibility that my first semester at Virginia Tech might end up with a 4.0 GPA for the first time in my entire life... EVER. Now hopefully I didn't jinx it by saying that right there.
- House shopping... it's the most stressful thing in the universe of course, but I might be a freakin homeowner within the next year and I think that it will be amazing to have my own place with my own parking, be able to paint the walls red/orange/pink glitter wall/chartreuse, install a stripper pole, put in hardwood floors, and let my beautiful bunny roam around freely [assuming she stops pooping everywhere, stupid bunny pellets]. If you've bought your own house, please tell me all about it! Also share any decorating ideas you might have b/c I'm all about this stuff right now!
- American Dad!, Vol. 1, Requiem for a Dream, and Jarhead... I let one of my friends borrow these back in the Summer and finally last night he brought them back after 8 months instead of the 3 days that he said he was borrowing them for.
-Cheesy online quizzes:
Your result for The OkCupid Kissing Test...
You are 76% Passionate, 29% Romantic, and 80% Experienced!
You Naughty Thing!
Well, well, well, Ms. Vixen. You've got the highest Passion score among the female kissing types, and you seem to be rather experienced as well. Your scores in Romance aren't as high, which suggests that you're more interested in the erotic and physical aspects of kissing than the emotional ones. You revel in the different textures, tastes and techniques of whoever you happen to be kissing at the moment, and you're a fantastic kisser yourself. You're creative, and like to mix up the makeout with unexpected, flirty moves. You're definitely a committed, passionate kisser. You just might not feel as passionate post-kiss. It's not that you can't get attached... it's just not the FIRST thing you do. And you do that first thing extremely well. We say more power to you. And, um, what are you doing Friday night?
If you're looking for good-spirited makeout fun, we recommend your male counterpart, The Rogue. Good secondary smooch options include The Smooth Operator and The Flirt. Avoid The Traditionalist like the Plague. Trust us.
1 2 3 4 5 6
FFFFOUND!… I’m sure some of you have heard of this site before, but I can’t seem to get enough of it. I’m dying to join so if you have the ability to invite new members then *ooooohhh ooooh pick me, pick me!* Tons of photos added on there all the time that are just random and perfect.
Polaroid Project… Basically you can turn any photo into a Polaroid; it even distorts the colors of the photo. You have to be working with a Mac to use it though so I’m afraid I am out of luck, hopefully some of you will be able to use it. Check out this one my friend did of me:
Frozen Smiles… I would love to have these ice trays. Not that they hold very many of them at one time, but who wouldn’t love getting a drink that looks like it has dentures floating in it?
Small Business Planner is a site that I found when I was working on a project for my class about starting a business. I figure it should come in handy for me at a later time and maybe it can help give a little motivation to the other folks out there with hopes of being an entrepreneur.
Dust is this game (kind of) totally wonderful distraction site that was sent to me by one of my favorite people because I kept pestering him about how bored I am at work all day… My favorite items to use on there are nitro and magma, you can make some really trippy on there, but don’t just take my word for it.
Make Me Super will allow you to turn yourself or one of your friends into a super hero complete with a video and music… you choose the photo to be the face of the super hero.
Meebo… I work in an office and I can’t download any software. I think I would lose my mind if I couldn’t be on instant messenger and communicate with the outside world all day and Meebo allows you to sign on to various different types of instant messenger within one internet browser window keeping your social time a little more discreet.
if you know any good blogs or websites that i should check out please let me know... especially ones about buying your first home... my lease runs out at the end of january and i've convinced myself that i will be buying my first home|apartment|townhouse|whatever at that point.
top = before
bottom = after
I got one of my tattoos touched up today. When I first got it, the pain was so horrible that I thought I would never get another tattoo. Today I decided I was ready to take the pain and move on so I can finally let myself get a new tattoo. The glare on that new photo is horrible so when the shading starts to fade out I will take another photo where my foot is not covered in Vaseline. Don't you just love my pink dinosaur ankle tattoo?
-Friends coming in from out of town... My friend seems to have gained a lot of wisdom from moving to another town and I am so proud of her. We got to hang out last night and it was just like old times. We went out and listened to a lot of live music and had so much fun.
-Being taken on a hot date to the Taubman Art Museum in Roanoke by my friend with her art class.
and we walked around downtown Roanoke
-Best of Craigslist
-Anna Copa Cabanna and Flaming Fire... I saw them on Monday night at my friend's house and I was completely blown away. Seriously, it seemed like music that I would never have thought that I could get into and I loved it.
-Painting/Making Collages... I haven't done this in a long time and I think that today I will. It seems that idle hands have been getting me in trouble lately with just being obnoxious. Plus creating something is always amazing :)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok, so I heard about this 101 Things in 1001 Days project and I thought that it would be a good idea. It gives you almost three years to knock out 101 goals. I haven't been able to finish up my list yet, but I do want to go ahead and list it here so I can show any progress that I might make on it. [completed items will be shown in bold]
1. Crash a wedding
2. Have my photography published (on paper)
3. Have my writing published (on paper)
4. Host a tea party
5. Climb a tree with someone beautiful
6. Have a picnic in a tree
7. Photograph a Suicide Girl
8. Have above a 3.5 GPA at Virginia Tech... it was a 3.85
9. Have my portrait painted
10. Go skinny-dipping at night in another country
11. Write a mini-memoir
12. Stay out all night dancing and go to work the next day without having gone home
13. Shower in a waterfall
14. Find a worth cause and spend time and money helping it
15. Seduce a stranger
16. Drive across America
17. Make a living doing something I love
18. Grow food and eat it
19. Create my family tree
20. Catch a jar full of fireflies
21. Leave a dollar where a kid will find it
22. Take a pole dancing fitness class
23. Figure out my religious standpoint
24. Sell a painting
25. Sell a print of my photography
26. Visit the Playboy mansion (at least see the outside)
27. Stand up for someone who won’t stand up for themselves
28. Write a love letter in nothing but song lyrics
29. Leave beer on someone’s doorstep with a note from the “Beer Fairy”
30. Have a picnic with a homeless person or just buy them lunch
31. Have a sleepover with friends… hair, makeup, movies, popcorn, hot chocolate
32. Visit a dinosaur park
33. Build a tepee
34. Camp out under the stars
35. Write a letter to someone I don’t like telling them how great they are
36. Put together a cookbook full of my favorite family recipes
37. Update my wardrobe so I don’t look like a ragamuffin on a daily basis
38. Bleach my hair and dye it orange or red, some completely unnatural color
39. Take a road trip with no specific destination
40. Eat vegan for one week
41. Get my teeth whitened
42. Go one week without soda
43. Put change in someone’s expired parking meter
44. Kiss in the rain
45. Complete Project 365
46. Fall in love with myself
47. Fall in love
48. Start my own website
49. Send a message in a bottle
50. Attend a music festival
51. Finish coming up with 100 items for this list
52. Go on vacation/road trip with a friend that I have never been on a trip with
53. Buy a house (or at least rent one… no more apartments with no yards!)
54. Travel by train
55. Get an actual address book and put people’s information in it… In case any more phones are suicidal or *gasp* to write a letter
56. Collect something
57. Learn another language (a new one altogether or re-learn French)
58. Go to Mexico
59. Go to Canada
60. Go to Europe and see as many countries as possible while there
61. Plant a beautiful garden full of colorful flowers
62. Send postcards to at least 5 friends/family from an amazing far away places that I go
63. Learn to play an instrument (new or re-learn piano)
64. Make a quilt
65. Get a bike and actually ride it
67. Get a new tattoo
68. Get a new piercing
69. Mail a secret to Post Secret
70. Catch a jellyfish in a jar... take his picture... let him go.
71. Learn to make my own cucumber rolls
72. Write a letter to no one and release it into the wind
73. Color every picture in a coloring book
74. Jump into a pile of leaves
75. Carve my name into a tree
76. Build a piece of furniture
77. Take a walk every night for one week
78. Get rid of my parking pass and start walking to work (or biking, or riding the bus)
79. Post my "Things I Love Thursday" list every Thursday for one month
80. Have a meaningful conversation on a swing set
81. Hand out Valentines to strangers on a day that isn’t Valentine’s Day
82. Dance with someone in the rain
83. Spend an entire day barefoot
84. Have my art or photography displayed in a public location (gallery or restaurant)
85. Exercise at least 7250 minutes in 2009
86. Turn a stranger into a friend in one day
87. Sort through everything I own, unclutter and donate as much to the YMCA as possible
88. Write 28 articles in one month for Associated Content
89. Climb the buffalo mountain
90. Paint something that I am proud of
91. Complete all Unusual (and fun) Date Ideas by oncealways
92. Create a book of my photography and musings
93. Get said book published
94. Paint my house
95. Make a list of 100 things I love for future inspiration for art projects
96. Write about every thing on the list of things nobody writes about but should
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
-OBAMA... I can't believe how many people are extremely upset about this in my area. When Bush won 4 years ago I was devastated, but I surely didn't attack people who were Bush supports because once the election is over, there's no need for debate. I'm very excited and optimistic to see where the next 4 years will lead us!
-Getting hit on by boys that are not only beautiful, but also creative and talented... Especially when they buy me beer and especially when you are in a bar full of half naked girls the day after Halloween when I am the only one not in costume.
-Having truly enlightening philosophical conversations with friends... So many of these in the past couple of days that my brain hurts today and I feel like I couldn't possibly think anymore.
-Conversations on instant messenger that last over an hour. Normally I am all about face to face talking time, but sometimes I think that I will put a little more out there if I don't have to look right in the eyes of the person I am talking to because I have less of a fear of judgment.
-Writing... but currently I have a little bit of writers block. Sometimes I don't think I even understand what I am writing and when I go back and read over a rant that I wrote it sounds eloquent and beautiful and it did make sense after all.
-The book Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit... I'm a little further behind than I should be, but it is an amazing book. It's just been a hectic week! It really makes you think about life and sustainability.
-Halloween in general... this Halloween weekend was the best weekend I can remember having in quite a long time, if not forever. Getting dressed up, hanging out with friends, amazing live music... Love <3 Also... Halloween is the time of year when they put out the clothes and home decor that I would use year round so go Halloween!
-Speaking of that live music from this weekend, I've got to mention Far-Less. Local band that I had never heard before, but they were amazing and already have a following on the internet already [who knew? not I!] Video:
And pictures from their part of the show:
I'm hoping to go see them on Tuesday if I can get myself on the list to get in fo' free.
-Getting random photography gigs from other random photography gigs... Yes I'm talking about the live music and if you want to see the pictures from that check out my photography blog
-Going out and knowing almost everyone at the bar... Made me feel like a rock star... There were so many people there and it was like I knew them all and hardly ever get to hang out with them.
-The way the light leaks into my cubicle in my office. I'm the only person who has a window by their desk on this side of the building... I think the blinds used to be closed because this is a new development, but it seems that at the perfect time in my work day when I feel as if I cannot function anymore, this light cracks in and lights up my life.
-Connect the dots game... If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can play it online here.
Here's the visual of how to dress like Georgina Sparks... If you would like it written out for you (with a little makeup advice also), check out How to Dress like Gossip Girl's Bad Girl Georgina Sparks.